Check out our class offerings on our CLASSES
page, and see below for much more, including new arrivals
and special offers, in our most recent NEWSLETTER:
You can now also receive our newsletter by email. Sign up
in the box on the left-hand side of this page. Your email
address will not be shared with anyone, or used for any
purpose other than to send the newsletter.
July 8, 2016
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and don't think we could have asked for it any better; weather wise. We on the other hand had a very stressful 4th. Our dog; Maris was attacked by another dog in our yard and it tore her leg wide open so off to the emergency vet visit and 10 stitches later we brought her home. Of course we kept a close eye on her all day making sure she was okay. Now she's "almost" back to herself; but realized if she does something too much; like jumps off the patio, it hurts.
On a better note:
Row by Row is off and running. Sometimes I wonder about quilters. They just seem to be so excited over this and just have to run around and get kits. Their husbands seem to be just as excited and take their wives where ever they want to go. Others; on the other hand just stay home and let their wives run around and everyone's happy. Please keep in mind: only 1 pattern per person. I realize that when you are getting a lot of these it can be expensive. However, keep in mind the kits will include the embellishments (in some cases like our kits) and all the fabic needed to make that row. Shops have chosen fabric that works well with their row and you would benefit and be happier purchasing the kits vs just getting a pattern. Of course the choice is yours. Row by Row 2016 will end Sept 6. Participants have until Oct 31 to bring in a winning quilt to a participating shop that has not already had a winner. No kits and or patterns can be sold or mailed from Sept 7 through October 31.
We have about 25 kits on sale.
- Berties Winter Stop in and check them out
- McKenna Ryans Spring Sprouts and Snow Buds
- Frivols by Moda
These are only a few of them. To get a good choice; stop in and take a look.
- Townhouse by Holly Taylor has arrived. A nice panel with a gazebo, bridge, horse and carriage, all in a park like setting with blues/ reds/tans. Townhouse book has 20 patterns from pillows to wall hangings and quilts to give you lots of choices to use this beautiful collection.
- 2 new books from Martingale for those that like to do hand embroidery.
- Christmas Patchwork Loves Embroidery
- Stitches from the Garden
- 2 new tools - Creative Grids has done it again.
- Strippy Stars tool - This tool is awesome. Makes floating stars so you don't have to worry about cutting off those star points.
- Curvy Log Cabin tool - Make log cabin circles using this great tool.
- Shimmer by Northcott - 2 1/2 inch strips in golds and turquoise. We have a beautiful model made with just those 2 colors. Of course the pattern as well.
- North Pole Greetings - A flannel collection including a cute little panel with Santa, a snowman and Penquins.
- Quilters Travel Companion - The new edition is in. A great book when traveling to find all those wonderful quilt shops.
- We have over 10 different panels - Bears, deer, 2 different eagle panels, loons, a panel that says Amazing Grace with all the words, wolves, Christmas and Fall panels.
- 13 cut loose patterns. If you are not familiar with these patterns they are one page patterns printed on card stock and list the extra supplies you may need to make that particular pattern; such as special tools or notions. These patterns are only $4.25 each.
On another note, I am still looking for someone to help me out in the shop. This is exactly that; helping me if I need extra help doing something, if I am gone for a couple days etc. If you might be interested, please call or stop in and we can discuss the details.
REVERSE APPLIQUE - Saturday August 6 12:00 - 4:00pm
This class is for everyone; including beginners.
Deadline for registration is: Monday August 1 (registration IS required)
We are working on more classes and will be out soon.
Summer Retreat is: Sunday July 24 10 - 4:30 Bruce Township Hall
We still have a few spaces left if you would like to join us for a fun filled day. Good food; prices and fun.
Call for more information 906 635-9937
I hope you all enjoy the weather and your summer.
Until next time; Happy Stitching and have fun with the Row by Row